Trailblazers in plastics innovation, manufacturing, and recycling will convene in Telford next week for the annual Plastics Design & Moulding Event (PDM Event). A true showcase of the UK’s dynamic plastics sector, the free-to-attend PDM Event will take place at the Telford International Centre from 14 to 15 June 2016.
Around the exhibition new energy-efficient machinery will be unveiled, ground-breaking technology such as 3D-printing will be demonstrated and leading retailers will discuss advances in plastics recycling. The results of two new industry surveys – Best Places to Work in UK Plastics and Most Influential People in the UK Plastics Industry – will be announced, and the skill and professionalism of UK plastics’ moulders will be proudly on display, as technicians compete in the Quick Mould Change Competition.
Meanwhile in the free conference sessions, expert speakers will discuss a wide range of issues facing the sector from Industry 4.0 (smart factories), patents and social media, to carrier bags, the Courtauld Commitment 2025 and plastic trends in automotive engineering. Talented designers will be lining up at the free Plastics Surgery with their plastics conundrums, and experts from the Plastics Consultancy Network will offer solutions.
Home to over 100 polymer-related companies, Telford has a world-class reputation as a centre of the plastics industry. Local companies exhibiting at the PDM Event include Proto Labs, Sprint Tool and Die and Stäubli. Visitors can also find out about the courses and training available from the Polymer Training & Innovation Centre in Telford, and talk to RAPRA (Rubber and Plastics Research Association) a non-profit membership association based at the University of Wolverhampton.
“PDM Event will showcase the sort of innovation, talent and hard work that is winning UK firms business in the international marketplace,” says Event Director, Steve Crowhurst.
PDM Event Highlights:
- Tesco’s Head of Consumables and Waste & Recycling Procurement will reveal how the retailer has closed the plastic recycling loop by offering single-use carry bags made from its own plastic waste
- Recycling charity Recoup will conduct an EU Brexit poll on their stand – votes will be cast on empty plastics drinks bottles
- 3D printing technology will be demonstrated by SYS Systems
- Elasto will present “plastic from plants” – its Dryflex Green range of bio-based TPE compounds
- Axion Recycling will showcase its range of Axpoly recycled engineering polymers, recovered from automotive feedstocks
- Award-winning product designs will be showcased. These include a plastic medical device expected to sell throughout the world, and described “as useful on the battlefield as it is in a Harley Street medical centre”, and a high-tech waterproof glove which will be displayed on a robotic hand.
- Boy, Borche (supplied by Plastics Machinery Sales), Engel and Romi are the among the exhibitors who will have working machinery on their stands
- There will be many UK debuts at PDM Event including the new Golden Electric machine on the Arburg stand, the TruMark Station 3000 for laser marking on the TRUMPF stand, a new hopper loader on the Renmar stand and the Magna T Servo injection moulding machine on the Milacron Ferromatik stand.
The PDM Event exhibition and conferences – including the Plastics Recycling conference – are free to attend. Register now at: www.pdmevent.com